Welcome to the ARROW project
to give citizens and planners access to land use planning tools and information for Florida's Apalachicola River Basin, including Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, and Liberty counties, and for Wakulla County
In the Almanac:
- An introduction to the region's natural and human communities
- Oral histories - Memories and thoughts on the area from natives and long-time residents
- Background information on land use issues and natural resources
- Reference information on public lands and facilities
- Page has not been updated since 2008, Almanac is still accurate and a great source of information but the GIS data is not up to date
- Custom map-making capability
- Decision support tools
- Research reports
- Statistical data
- Downloadable files for GIS users
- use the menu at the top of the page and select Tools, Data, or Almanac
- look at the Site Map for a more detailed list of the entire website
New Historical Tours Available On-line
As an extension of the original ARROW project, we have received grants to develop web-based historical tours of both Gulf and Franklin counties.
The new Franklin County historical tour website can be accessed by clicking here.
The Gulf County historical tour website can be accessed by clicking here.