The deep water that came closest to the shore was down where the Gulf intercoastal waterway comes into the bay now.  Out there at what we call “Six mile Point” where  Butler’s Restaurant is, that presented a bit of a problem in maneuvering these old sailing ships to the dock there.  So then they moved the dock down further south to give them more room to maneuver those vessels.  And they started doing that dock in 1909, and they built a bunkhouse there on the property.